You are still the best defense against the dark art of phishing.
Every day, IU cybersecurity professionals work to keep your email inbox safe from phishing scams.
- Real-time scanning of all email to identify spamming and viruses
- Monitoring to identify when a known malicious IP accesses an IU account
- Applying automated and manual counter-measures to secure accounts when compromised
Despite this help, you are still the best defense against phishing. Remember to think before you click—every email, every time:
- Always verify “sender” and “reply-to” email addresses are legitimate.
- Hover first to view and verify actual URLs. Don’t click links in emails if you don’t have to.