Enhancements remove the guesswork and improve ease of use.
IU employees know that there are plenty of precautions to take when working with institutional data. Now the Data Sharing and Handling (DSH) tool is more user-friendly than ever, making it easier to search, store, and access information.
Here’s what’s new:
- Example-rich search categories: users can see examples of data elements for all subdomain categories prior to making a selection and running a search.
- Consolidated results: Users no longer need to run an additional search for each specific type of use—guidance for all uses is returned on the same results page.
- New focus on storage results: The guidance relating to storage services has been moved up in the search results to make it easy to find.
- Searchable web-based data classification matrix: Users can now search the entire data classification matrix within their browser. A separate spreadsheet file is no longer necessary.
- Faster guidance updates: The content provided as guidance by the DSH tool is now managed via WCMS and can be updated more regularly.