New IU website hosting service is now live and ready for use
For those of you who maintain an IU website on Webserve, this message is for you. UITS has been working on a replacement infrastructure for Webserve called the IU SiteHosting service.
In some cases, the people maintaining the website are not the Webserve account owner, and that’s why we’re sharing the message here. We’ve already contacted the Webserve account owners and contacts by email.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Webserve is scheduled for retirement December 23, 2019, and will be replaced by IU Sitehosting.
- All Webserve sites that you want to keep must be migrated to IU Sitehosting by that date.
- The new hosting environment will improve service in many ways.
- We have a dedicated web page where you can find more information.
- We have a lineup of Knowledge Base docs ready to assist you.
- We recorded an infoshare where you can learn more.
For technical assistance, contact your local IT Pro, or contact the Support Center Tier 2 Web Services Support team.
For site development and coding support, you may wish to contract with IU Studios.
Tip: If you are using Webserve just to store documents for easy access, try Box instead.