Prepare yourself and your devices for a safe trip.
Whether traveling for work or pleasure, reduce your risk by taking a few precautions.
- Travel with small devices. You are more likely to carry them, and they are less likely to be stolen from a hotel room.
- If your device is stolen, report it immediately to IU, and to an embassy if abroad.
- Enroll a secondary Duo device in case you don’t have access to your primary device.
- Secure your device with encryption and a password.
- Make a secure connection. Log in using IU’s SSL VPN or use eduroam.
- For faculty and staff, your IT Pro can help you secure data for travel. If you must bring a work device, ask if your department has loaner devices available.