Learn how to keep intruders out of your meetings.
Back on campus means more Zoom meetings and more opportunities for malicious behavior, known as Zoombombing. Follow a few simple steps to keep your meetings safe:
- DON’T share your Zoom link or passcode publicly: Avoid putting it out on social media or in emails going to a large number of people.
- DO require participants to register: Sharing the registration link is safer when you’re trying to reach a wide audience.
- DO require a passcode to join the meeting: Zoom at IU will enable a waiting room as a default—the passcode adds security and can be used by those attending by phone.
- DO require participants to be logged in to an IU Zoom account:This step increases accountability on your meeting participants.
- DO enlist people you trust to act as co-hosts of the meeting: Make sure your co-hosts know how to use Zoom security controls in advance, in case of problems.
If you do experience a disruption in your Zoom meeting, be sure to report it so Information Security can investigate.